Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Owl


Owl 2, originally uploaded by Debbie G.

One evening, when I came home from work, as I walked away from my car my eye was caught by a shadow moving across the front of my house, which was dark but lit from the front by a streetlight. I shivered a little, because it was slightly spooky (and I'd been watching Buffy on dvd), turned to go up the path and again movement caught my eye, this time on the ground. Thinking it was a dog or a cat, I walked towards the shape on the ground, and to my great surprise realized that it was this owl. As I approached, it flew up into a small tree in front of my neighbour's house. I sped inside to get my camera. This and others in this series were taken handheld, without a flash, the exposure pushed up in photoshop in postprocessing.

No comments: